JIDE Code Editor
JIDE Code Editor is a source code editor
component. There are
several open source code editor projects, but for a wide
variety of reasons they often prove unsuitable to
professional level development efforts.
That's why we decided to make this flexible and powerful
component. For most features you
would expect from a code editor, you can find them in
As a product in the special component category which usually depends on the general components, this product depends on JIDE Components, JIDE Grids, and JIDE Shortcut Editor.
- Syntax coloring for 25 different languages
- Support huge file by lazy loading. We will smartly manage the memory so that it will not run out of memory.
- Virtual white space
Displays new line, space and tab using special graphics
- Handles line break of different platforms
- Handles tab either as white spaces or as tab.
- Bracket matching
- Code folding
- Optional customizable margin
components including pre-built line number margin and
code folding margin
- Optional customizable status bar
including pre-build status bar items for caret position,
caret overwrite/insert state etc.
- Customizable span style and color
Customizable keystrokes for all commands
- Multiple clipboard copy and paste
Drag-n-drop selection support. Rectangular selection
- Find and Replace
- Allows literal, regular expression as
well as wildcard. (Ctrl-F and Ctrl-R)
- Incremental search (F3)
- Quick search (Alt-F3)
- Customizable search all and replace all
- Many commands to operator on the code
editor (refer to Shortcut Editor Dialog to list of all
- Optional inspection area to show line
markers for errors, warnings, todo’s etc.
- Auto indent
- Column Guides