Dialog modal for part of JFrame

This is the forum for JIDE Common Layer which is open sourced at https://github.com/jidesoft/jide-oss. Please note, JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. Please consider subscribe for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Community driven forum for open source JIDE Common Layer. JIDE technical support doesn't monitor this forum as often as other forums. If you only use JIDE Common Layer, please consider subscribing for technical support for JIDE Common Layer so that you can use customer only forum to get a timely response.

Dialog modal for part of JFrame

Postby s.dehaan@xso.nl » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:08 am

Hi,

When you open a modal JDialog from a JFrame the frame gets blocked. I'am looking for some way to have a frame party blocked.
Lets say we have got a main frame with a splitter. When you open a modal dialog from the left side of the spitter, only the left part of the splitter gets blocked. Is this possible?

I have tried adding a frame to a frame, but this failes with this error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: adding a window to a container
I have looked in the dockable frames work examples and documentation, but did not found anything.

Any idea's ?
Thanks.
s.dehaan@xso.nl

Return to JIDE Common Layer Open Source Project Discussion (Community Driven)