JIDE Design

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

JIDE Design

Postby oomer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:15 pm

I got the evaluation copy and I couldn't figure out how to visually design using JIDE. I couldn't get it to work on Eclipse. I downloaded Visual Designer for JIDE and I can only put Frames and Bars there, no other components. What am I missing?
oomer

Re: JIDE Design

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:22 pm

Visual designer is only for the docking framework and the action framework layout. It cannot be used with other GUI designers. You can add other jide components to other GUI designers. Most of them should work.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby oomer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:00 pm

JIDE Support wrote:Visual designer is only for the docking framework and the action framework layout. It cannot be used with other GUI designers. You can add other jide components to other GUI designers. Most of them should work.

Ok, so, I have WindowBuilder in Eclipse. How do I see JIDE components there?
oomer

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:09 pm

You add jide jars to WindowBuilder and select the JIDE components to be used. As I said, not all JIDE components work in the GUI builders but, most commonly used ones should work.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby oomer » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 am

JIDE Support wrote:You add jide jars to WindowBuilder and select the JIDE components to be used. As I said, not all JIDE components work in the GUI builders but, most commonly used ones should work.

Thank you so much for bearing with me, I'm a bit new to this :)

I figured on Palette Manager, I can add JARs. No matter which JAR I added from there, I see the components in the list, I check them but then they come empty in the palette. What am I doing wrong?

Edit:
I got it, thank you very much!
oomer

Return to Product Suggestions