Maven Repository for Jide Jars.

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Re: Maven Repository for Jide Jars.

Postby mickael » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:01 am

Thanks for this test, It will be really great if it work!
I just tried but i'm not sure of the source of the problem.
I usually use the email address mireille.le***@sercel.com and her password to download the jide releases. So I tired with her email adress and I tried too with my email address mickael.vi***@sercel.com with her password (but it don't work on your official web download page).
  • I tried to access to the repository in a web browser (url=http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory/repo , http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory or http://www.jidesoft.com:8081) and I've got an error message like "waiting delay exceeded".
  • I tried to add the jide repository in my artifactory (enterprise repository) but it failed too. In my artifactory, the test to access to your repository ended with an message "Connection failed with exception: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 15000 ms".
  • I tried to modify the configuration file of maven (to used directly your repository without using mine as a cache) and maven command don't seems to work either

Is your server repository still working ?
I think I should at least see it in my web brower.
mickael

Postby sgr » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:03 am

Hello again,

I just re-tested and the repo works perfectly!!!

Again, thanks for putting the time and effort to this issue, as it is a life saver for us.

So now that the initial testing is done, I still see the following that need to be fixed in order for us to do the complete switch:
1) Add/attach the javadoc and source stubs(using source as the identifier) artifacts for each of the products
2) Do not forget about JDAF. We will need it as well :)
3) It would be nice, but definitely NOT a requirement, if you could also create some "mega bundles" to avoid having to declare too many dependencies when all products are required
e.g. An artifact with identifier jide-ultimate could aggregate all products bundled under JIDE Ultimate Suite as listed at http://www.jidesoft.com/purchase/order.htm.
Same for the Professional and Enterprise suites. These again can be easily created by using basic Ant tasks.
4) The artifacts to be turned to proper OSGi bundles but I will continue this discussion at post : viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3416&start=25&hilit=osgi

Other than that I think that everything else is OK.
I would be glad to help in any way, if required.

Thanks again,
Best regards
Panayiotis Vlissidis
sgr

Postby sgr » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:20 am

Hello mickael,

I just re-tested and the repo seems to be on-line and I can also access it from the web browser. Nevertheless, the time taken
to load the home page is a bit dramatic (40 seconds to be more exact, as I 've measured it with Firebug).

As far as Artifactory is concerned you can increase the 'Socket Timeout' option under the 'Advanced Settings' tab when editing the repository settings.
I have increased it to 30000 ( 30 seconds) and it seems to work just fine.
sgr

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:18 am

To mickael,

The maven repository is active. And just tested your account, it is active too. Could you please check it out according to the suggestion from sgr?

To sgr,

Glad to know that it works for you. And thank you so much for all of your testing and suggestion. We will keep it moving forward and keep you posted if we have any progress.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby mickael » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:55 am

I think the problem is on my side. The URL http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory don't work in my web browser but it works through a web browser. Maybe it's a firewall/filter problem. I'll see the problem with my IT. I cannot test your artifactory for now.
mickael

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi sgr,

1) Just so you know, sources stub (3.5.0 and 3.4.9) have been deployed to our maven repository. Please check it out. Regarding to the javadocs, will deployed them after our later release since we have to rebuild them module by module.
2) JDAF and sources (2.4.25) has been deployed as well
3) As to "mega bundles", I wonder if there is a way to define such kind of bundles by referencing to those deployed module libraries? There is a deploying option "Artifacts Bundle" in artifactory, but it does not work like I expected. Could you please share any experience with us?
4) As to bundle for OSGi, I would like to talk about it after we get the "mega bundles" done.

Please let us know if you have any further issue or suggestions.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi sgr,

Just deployed javadocs for 3.5.0 and javadoc for JDAF 2.4.25 to maven repository, so that you can test it completely.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby sgr » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:04 am

Hello,

I just tested for the javadoc, sources and JDAF and everything works as expected.
Another thing I have forgotten to mention is to also have deployed the debug jars( e.g. using debug as the classifier)

Since I am already in the process of creating an example Ant script for properly OSGifying JIDE I noticed
that the jide-grids.pom lists hibernate-core as one of its dependencies, while it should not. I will soon post more on the OSGI stuff.

As far as the mega-bundles go, it really depends on what tool you are using and how your build life-cycle is designed/organized.

• In case you have already decided to switch to Maven ( :D ) you could use either the Maven Shade Plugin or the Maven Assembly Plugin that could definitely make things much simpler. (NOTE: In this case, OSGification would also be much easier by using the Bundle Plugin for Maven). In order to make the mega bundles it would require you to create a maven aggregator project for each mega-bundle that declares as dependencies the products it needs to bundle and uses any of the above mentioned plugins in order to produce the final artifacts.
  • In case of Ant, it depends on which phase of your build life-cycle and how you decide to perform the bundling. You can either package all of your classes in mega bundles using the Ant Jar Task in your normal packaging phase or extract the bundles you already have and re-package them again in a "post-package" phase. We are using the second approach in order to create a mega bundle but as the end users we do not have any other option. I think that in your case the first approach would be better.
  • A third way of implementing this could also be to simply create the maven aggregator projects mentioned above even if the rest of your products are built using Ant and simply execute the maven goals from your Ant build scripts by either using Ant Exec Task or by using the Maven Ant Tasks.

I hope I was clear enough and more helped than confused you.

Please let me know if you need any clarification or help creating the scripts/POMs or anything for that matter.
I can also provide you some example scripts/POMS of how to achieve this if needed.

Regards,
Panayiotis Vlissidis
sgr

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 am

Hi sgr,

Thanks again for all your help.

Debug artifacts for JIDE 3.5.0, 3.4.9 and JDAF 2.4.25 have been deployed.
As to the mega-bundles, it is pretty clear and will make comments on it later.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby sgr » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:06 am

Any luck creating the mega-bundles?
sgr

Postby JIDE Support » Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:30 pm

Just so you know, JIDE 3.5.1 has been released. It has been deployed to our maven repository as well. Please check it out.
As to the mega-bundles, it has not been included in this release. Would like to include it after we got enough feedback on Maven. For now, please use the OSGi release alternatively, which has been published on our website as well.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby calmeby » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 pm

The correct repo url to the released Jide dependencies seems to be http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory/libs-release. This works for me with our Nexus and our credentials. The one ending with .../repo does not work. Thanks for doing the work with publishing the jars. Will help save some work for us when we wish to test upgrading Jide!

/Christian
calmeby

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply. The url http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory/repo did work for some of our customers. Will try to figure out what the difference between them. Will keep it posted here when we have any progress.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:00 am

Checked the repository configuration, found out that the two urls
http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory/repo
http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory/libs-release
reference to the same site ( it can be verified by opening the urls in browser ). Actually, both of them are virtually associated with the same local repository (see the attached screen shot).

Tested the pom configuration mentioned by Christian, it did no work with both urls on our end. It will work with both urls if the mirrorOf configuration was changed from jide* to *. I tried to get a solution by reading the mirror reference at maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html. Unfortunately, have no lucky to figure it out. Please let us know if anyone know the trick.

Would like to recommend the following configuration by now, since it is working for Christian.
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<settings xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/xsd/settings-1.0.0.xsd" xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/SETTINGS/1.0.0"
    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
  <servers>
    <server>
      <id>jidesoft-repos</id>
      <username>username</username>
      <password>password</password>
    </server>
  </servers>
  <mirrors>
    <mirror>
      <id>jidesoft-repos</id>
      <name>jidesoft-repos</name>
      <url>http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory/libs-release</url>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
    </mirror>
  </mirrors>
</settings>

Thanks,
--
Attachments
maven-repos.png
maven-repos.png (32.24 KiB) Viewed 121277 times
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby mickael » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 am

Some news after a lots of time.

I finally success to add the jide repository as a remote repository in my artifactory.

My problem was due to a firewall access. The address was blocked for my artifactory.
My only problem for now is that I cannot access to the jide artifactory with my browser on my PC (still an other firewall configuration...).

I tried with success a test project using all artifact of jide 3.5.1. All artifacts were downloaded on my artifactory (then in my personal repository).
I saw that the version 3.5.2 was release and I tried to use it in my test project but I seems that this version isn't available on your repository.
All new versions shouldn't be deployed in your artifactory ?
mickael

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:24 am

Glad to know that you finally work it out. We will deploy our new release to maven repo not more than 12 hours. We did deploy 3.5.2. You can verify it with browser. Could you please check it again? In the mean time we will check it further too. Could you tell me what libraries did you test case depends on?

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby mickael » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:20 am

My test case is really simple. It's a basic maven project containing "quite nothing except a pom". In this pom I added all the jide artifact in the dependencies. Consequently, when I ask a compilation to maven (mvn compile), it download (or try to :) ) all the jide artifacts.

I just retried to retrieve 3.5.2 and maven successfully download all the jide artifact V3.5.2. I don't know what happened this morning.
The only "problem" is that the retrieve of artifact from your repository is quite slow. This problem is balanced by the caching of my artifactory.
Only the first access to your artifact is slow.

Content of pom of my test case:
Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0" encoding='UTF-8'?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0 http://maven.apache.org/maven-v4_0_0.xsd">
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>testgroupid</groupId>
  <artifactId>testartifactid</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>testartifactid</name>

<properties>
    <jide-version>3.5.2</jide-version>
  </properties>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>junit</groupId>
      <artifactId>junit</artifactId>
      <version>3.8.1</version>
      <scope>test</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.jidesoft</groupId>
      <artifactId>jide-action</artifactId>
      <version>${jide-version}</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-beaninfo</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-charts</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-common</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-components</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-dashboard</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-data</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-designer</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-dialogs</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-diff</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-dock</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-editor</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-gantt</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-grids</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-pivot</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-plaf</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-plaf-jdk7</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-properties</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-rss</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-shortcut</artifactId>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <artifactId>jide-treemap</artifactId>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>
mickael

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:15 am

Glad to know that it worked to you now. Thanks for your clarification. The issue you encountered last time may be caused by the same "problem" of speed. Will try to figure it out what the problem is. Will keep you posted if we have any progress.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby sgr » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:01 am

Hello,

For some reason I can no longer log-in to the repo. My credentials fail. Has something changed?

Also, I would like to know if you have decided to publish the OSGified versions at the maven repo as well?
Thanks
sgr

Postby mickael » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:21 am

I think I have a problem too.
My problem is :
Error 404
on url : http://www.jidesoft.com:8081/artifactory/repo

Is your artifactory offline ?
mickael

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:03 am

To sgr,

The maintenance for you expired on February 20, 2013 which is the reason why you doesn't have access to the repository anymore. Please contact sales@jidesoft.com to have it renewed.

To mickael,

There is something wrong with our artifactory service. It is active now. Please have it a try.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:06 am

JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby mickael » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:14 am

Artifactory is back.
I just downloaded the latest version (3.5.3).
Thanks
mickael

Postby sgr » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:17 am

JIDE Support wrote:To sgr,

The maintenance for you expired on February 20, 2013 which is the reason why you doesn't have access to the repository anymore. Please contact sales@jidesoft.com to have it renewed.

Oups, didn't realize that. Sorry for any trouble caused.

JIDE Support wrote:Please find OSGi release at http://www.jidesoft.com/downloads/ or http://www.jidesoft.com/evaluation/.

Yes , I know I can download them from these locations. But I would like to avoid it and use Maven to do for me automatically instead.
sgr

Postby JIDE Support » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:44 am

Hi sgr,

Will deploy the OSGi release under a separate package in our Maven repo. For example com.jidesoft.osgi. Will keep you posted when we made it.

Thanks,
--
JIDE Support
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Product Suggestions