Alert Control

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Alert Control

Postby ravipathak » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:19 pm

Hi,

I'm just beginning to use the Alert Control in my application and the features provided by it are really amazing! You guyz have done an awesome job with it!

Was wondering if it would make sense to have a separate Outlook like Alert Control as in Jide Demos. In that case, I would just have to set the text to display rather than having to write all the code thats there in your demo to get the "look" of Outlook. If someone wants to display their own component, they can still use Alert Control in the usual way.

Thanks.
ravipathak

Postby JIDE Support » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 pm

Thanks. Would you be interested in making one? It shouldn't be too hard. If you did it, I will include it as part of the AlertDemo :-)
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Postby ravipathak » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:58 pm

I think you have already made it in JideDemos, so I dont think there is anything else to be done. One thing I have done is that, I'm setting the colors for the gradient paint depending on the current Office 2003 theme by calling the getControlLt and getControlDk methods on the Office2003Painter instance. This ensures a Look and Feel consistent with the theme the user is in currently. If there is anything else to be done, I wouldnt mind implementing it.

Thanks.
ravipathak

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:40 am

I guess it is probably a matter of componetize it. As you can see, the code is right now in a method. If it is a separate class so that user can, as you said, set text and probably set icons for close button etc, it will be easier for user to use.

Thanks,
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions