User Manual Improvement

This forum is used by users to request and discuss new product features. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

Moderator: JIDE Support

Forum rules
Product suggestions only. Please do not use this forum for technical support including bug reports.

User Manual Improvement

Postby qinlz_jnsj » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:06 pm

I tried many code sample from "JIDE Docking Framework Developer Guide", most of them not working, and use obsolete APIs.

I guess it might be coming from VERY old JIDE releases, and never update.

My suggestion is JIDE should make good documents to help people to do quick start. Otherwise it will be frustrations.
qinlz_jnsj

Re: User Manual Improvement

Postby JIDE Support » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:58 pm

You are right. The documentation hasn't been updated for a while. But at the same time, we haven't updated the API of the JIDE Docking Framework for a while as well. I do remember we updated the document when we deprecated a bunch of APIs a few years ago. So could you please let me know which sample code in the developer guide is not working? I took a look a few of them just now but didn't notice anything obviously wrong. Probably I missed it. Just so you know, most of the sample code in the developer is to give you an idea anyway. To look at the latest code, it'd be better to refer to the examples as the example demos are compiled and verified for every release, unlike the sample code in the document.
JIDE Software Technical Support Team
JIDE Support
Site Admin

Return to Product Suggestions